below-mentioned lecturer: "What's the most important part of a stethoscope? The ear-piece, the tubing or the diaphragm?"
one thing I've learnt about uni so far is that there is a whole of lot of self-studying involed. self-directed learning is the corporate phrase. not like in jc or before when the tutorials test what you're supposed to learn. now, the examinations and tests skip the tutorial bit. so, in a way it's like jc minus teachers/tutorials. you become your own teacher. this is university.
must say it's still a learning process for me. actually learning and educating, and not studying for examinations. and also getting used to the tutorials here. esp PBLs (they have that in singapore as well, don't they?) where I'm not doing very well. problem-based learning, that is. I quite like the whole idea of it but I'm doing well enough, it's frustrating. steep learning curve is a nice phrase.
"It's the bit between the ear-pieces."
one thing I've learnt about uni so far is that there is a whole of lot of self-studying involed. self-directed learning is the corporate phrase. not like in jc or before when the tutorials test what you're supposed to learn. now, the examinations and tests skip the tutorial bit. so, in a way it's like jc minus teachers/tutorials. you become your own teacher. this is university.
must say it's still a learning process for me. actually learning and educating, and not studying for examinations. and also getting used to the tutorials here. esp PBLs (they have that in singapore as well, don't they?) where I'm not doing very well. problem-based learning, that is. I quite like the whole idea of it but I'm doing well enough, it's frustrating. steep learning curve is a nice phrase.
"It's the bit between the ear-pieces."
Saturday, April 21, 2007